This is an alert to notify you of the launch of new e-Learning resources to support appraisal and revalidation.
They are freely available for all doctors including primary care, secondary care and mental health and private healthcare doctors.
The resources are aimed at supporting both appraisees and appraisers by providing guidance, tips and useful information about the appraisal process.
They are accessible via the London Deanery webpage at
These online learning modules take about 45 - 60 minutes to complete and cover a range of key topics helpful for both appraisees and appraisers:
- Getting the most out of your appraisal
- Top tips on developing your PDP
- Quality improvement activity for appraisal and revalidation
- Challenge in appraisal
- Calibrating supporting information in medical appraisal
- Tips for appraisers
The modules are hosted on the BMJ learning platform and any doctor is able to register for free access.
These podcasts are a collection of several short bite sized films (3-4 minutes) covering a range of key topics, helpful for both appraisees and appraisers :
- Introduction to appraisal and revalidation
- GMC Domains
- Managing challenging situations in appraisals
- Multi Source Feedback and Patient Satisfaction Questionnaires
- Gathering Supporting Information
If you have problems accessing any of the above websites, please do get in touch!
With good wishes,